Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pastel Polka-Dotted Pouch

Sometimes it feels a little odd to work with pastel fabrics. Although lovely, it doesn't stimulate my creativity like the brightly colored fabrics do.

My main objective was to create a project based around an idea that I've had on my mind for a long time. The idea was to create a beaded posie like the one you see in the center of this pouch.

This is a very feminine pouch and at 8-1/2-inches, it's the perfect size for me to tote around my take-along craft projects.

I chose an iridescent clear light pink seed bead, just enough to add a little sparkle and shimmer to the posie. Mission accomplished. The posie turned out just the way I had envisioned it would.

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all my bloggy friends for stopping by each day to see what I have been up to and for commenting. It's a relief to know that I'm not just talking to myself. My stats show that there are hundreds of you out there from cities throughout the country and the world, so if you have a moment, please post and say hi. I would love to meet you.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Aloha!

12 comments:

annemarie said...

This is so lovely Lettie - as are all your projects. Did the bead sewing take alot of time? Did you sew beads on the Christmas stocking or are my eye deceiving me?

Arlette said...

Hi Anne,
Beading does take time but I enjoy doing it because it slows me down a bit and relaxes me. The Christmas stocking is machine quilted and hand beaded. Glad you like these projects. Take care!

Cathi said...

Lettie -- I LOVE this little bag. What a great idea. The little beads on the flower are fantastic.
Thanks to you, I think I've been bitten by the yo-yo bug! I made a pin cushion today and used 2 yo-yo's for the centre of both sides. Uh oh!!!

sweetiepie said...

I think your pastel pouch looks yummy. It reminds me of a cool fruity bowl of sherbet. It will make a nice craft tote.

Chantal said...

this is againvery beautifull . i love this bag . It's a great idea to make .
Greetings from Belgium
Chantal

Rowena said...

Once again Lettie...your creativity comes to fruition in yet another neat idea.

About the stats...I'm a weirdo on this one. I actually appreciate the people who don't say anything because it makes me wonder what on earth am I writing that makes them want to visit frequently? I just hope they all think I'm out of my mind. Ya gotta be to cook calf brains! LOL!!!

Jeanne said...

I love to see what you are making. Each project makes me smile and that's well worth the click. *s*

Laila said...

Hi. Another great idea. I think I have to look through my fabrics to find my Polka dots. You realy inspire me. Thanks for showing.

Anonymous said...

Pastels...mmmm...not my cup of tea either. Brights are much more inspiring, I agree. But polkadots are great in every shade or colour!
How do you make the leaves of the yoyo flowers? Is it a complete circle or just a half one? (When I use a complete circle I think it gets too thick)

Mom2fur said...

I like the pastels, but they sure are a change of pace for you! The beading is cute, too.
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

papel1 said...

I love the bag, and any projects that use yo yos. I check your blog daily. So colorful.
Judy

Solstitches said...

I enjoy your blog and love to see what you've been making.
I adore all kind of bags. This one is very pretty in the pastel colours.

Margaret